The process of deploying a machine learning model in a live environment is known as machine learning deployment. The model can be deployed in a variety of environments and is frequently integrated with apps via an API. Deployment is a critical step in gaining operational value from machine learning. Deployment is the final step for an organisation to begin generating a return on investment for the organisation. Let us see how to deploy a machine learning model.
Deploying Machine Learning Models
The four steps to machine learning deployment are as follows:
- In a training environment, develop and create a model.
- Test and clean the code before deploying it.
- Make preparations for container deployment.
- After deploying machine learning, plan for ongoing monitoring and maintenance.
In a training environment, develop the machine learning model
Data scientists will frequently create and develop a wide range of machine learning models, only a subset of which will make it to the deployment stage. Models are typically built in a local or offline environment using training data. Examples include supervised machine learning, which trains a model on labelled datasets, and unsupervised machine learning, which identifies patterns and trends in data.
Code has been tested and is ready for deployment
The next step is to determine whether the code is of high enough quality to be deployed. There are three simple steps to take in order to prepare for deployment:
– Make a ‘read me’ file that describes the model in detail and is ready for deployment by the development team.
– Using a style guide, clean and scrutinise the code and functions, and ensure clear naming conventions.
– Check the code to see if the model works as expected.
Make the model ready for container deployment
Containerisation is a powerful tool in the deployment of machine learning. Containers are ideal for machine learning deployment and can be thought of as a type of operating system visualisation. Because containers make scaling simple, it’s a popular environment for machine learning deployment and development.
Beyond the deployment of machine learning
A successful machine learning deployment entails more than simply ensuring that the model initially works in a live setting. Continuous governance is required to keep the model on track and operating effectively and efficiently.
Machine Learning Deployment Obstacles
The following are the primary challenges for machine learning deployment:
- Inefficiencies in the deployment process are caused by a lack of communication between the development team and data scientists.
- Making certain that the proper infrastructure and environment are in place for machine learning deployment.
- Continuous monitoring of model accuracy and efficiency in a real-world setting can be challenging, but it is critical for achieving optimisation.
Accelerating the deployment of machine learning
Planning and executing a machine learning deployment can be a difficult task. Models must be managed and monitored to ensure ongoing functionality, and initial deployment must be expertly planned for maximum efficiency.
Implementing machine learning models in your company
Seldon scales machine learning from proof-of-concept to production, reducing time-to-value and allowing models to work up to 85% faster. Seldon Deploy allows your company to efficiently manage and monitor machine learning, reduce risk, and understand how machine learning models impact decisions and business processes. Visit here to know how to become a full-stack developer in 3 months